Research unit: Foundation of Saule Research Institute
Position: Postdoctoral Fellow
The Foundation of Saule Research Institute has an opening for a Postdoctoral position to participate in a research project funded by National Science Center. The primary objective of the project is to test the basic assumptions of the recently proposed amphoteric defect model and to develop methods to control defect incorporation in perovskite materials. The research will be performed in collaboration with researchers from Wroclaw University of Science and Technology
What is Required:
- Recent Ph. D. in Chemistry, Material Science or, a closely related field
- Demonstrated ability to design experiments and conduct independent research.
- Experience with synthesis and processing of hybrid organic-inorganic perovskite materials
- Familiarity with a range of characterization techniques (XRD, CV, Hall effect, optical spectroscopies)
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to peer-reviewed publications.
- Fluent English, with good written and verbal communication skills.
What You Will Do:
- Synthesize hybrid organic-inorganic perovskite films with variable crystal stoichiometry.
- Evaluate structural properties of the synthesized materials using XRD.
- Study the effects of processing conditions, illumination and compositional variations on the incorporation of intrinsic defects in semiconducting perovskite thin films. Photophysical properties will be characterized by applying a range of spectroscopic techniques, including time-resolved photoluminescence and microwave reflectance. This task will be performed in collaboration with researchers from the participating institution – Wroclaw University of Science and Technology.
- Perform data analysis and interpret experimental results.
- Prepare reports, publish research findings, and make presentations at scientific meetings and seminars.
- Collaborate with researchers from the Foundation of Saule Research Institute.
- Provide assistance to maintain laboratory equipment and instruments.
Type of NCN grant: OPUS –19
Communication: via email
• full-time position
• Starting date: April 2020 (negotiable)
Application should include:
- application letter
- CV with publication list
- copy of a PhD diploma or other document confirming the PhD degree
- reference contacts from recognized researchers
Applications and questions should be directed to:
We kindly ask you to include the following statement in the CV:
„Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z Ustawą z dnia 29 sierpnia 1997 r. o ochronie danych osobowych ( Dz. U. z 2016 r. poz. 922 z późń. zm.)”